Sunday, January 24, 2021

Project 52: Shot 33

A Loved One's Greatest Feature (July 23, 2016)


This is now the second time that I have shown Randy cooking on this blog. (Prior to this, he had been the subject of Shot 15.) This shot however focuses on one of my favorite feature of his though: his hands. 

These hands are two years older than mine and have done so much for his family.  I wrote this post  about four years after taking the photo and edited it six months later.  On top of everything he has done prior to even meeting and marrying me, there has been so much else since then.

These hands have held my hands at our weddings. (Both of them). They have transformed our house from an old lady cottage into a ranch house that is more reflective of our shared style and interests. Every week they maintain our front and back yards. In addition to that, these hands have turned our backyard into a place where our boys can go outside and play and develop. These hands roll out the trashcans every week and bring them back in. These hands are adept at making breakfast burritos during the week and much more elaborate breakfasts on weekends. 

Over the course of my pregnancy, his hands held mine during ultrasounds and, then eventually, while I gave birth to our baby. In the time since then, his hands have held our our son and changed diapers. Over time, his hands have helped me feed the baby as he started solids and as I weaned. Most recently, his hands have held our son's as he learns to walk with confidence.

My husband's love language is Acts of Service and his hands are the best representation of that love.

No comments:

Post a Comment