Add eyes to the list of stuff I like. I've been thinking a lot about them recently--especially the prestige that certain lighter eye colors are given. While this brown-eyed girl can't compete, she can make a list of her top 5 favorite songs that reference eyes. She is a Mexi-CAN, after all.
7. Brown-Eyed Girl by Van Morrison: I had to include it out of respect.
6. These Eyes by the Guess Who: <-- This group is Canadian. Who knew?
5. Blue Eyes by Elton John: I'm not a big fan of similes in songs, but the synecdoche redeems it for me.
Aw, what's wrong? If I say "personification," will the confused look leave your eyes? They're not synonyms though. Synecdoche is different. Back to the list...
4. Lyin' Eyes: Her situation isn't pretty, but the song sure is.
3. Green Eyes by Coldplay: Honey, you are a rock upon which I stand. Honey, you start a song with such a strong metaphor and strum your guitar with such conviction, that I'll put your song on my list.
That reminds me: I used to have colored contacts during my senior year of college. I had a blue pair and a green pair. I remember the first time my seventh graders saw me with brown eyes (and glasses no less) they tripped out a little.
2. So Alive by Love and Rockets: You DON'T KNOW what color my eyes are? WHAT?! But my hair is long and brown? Aw, you noticed.
1. In Your Eyes by Peter Gabriel: It's a beautiful song and it's equal opportunity--smart man.
Hey, it just dawned on me... if I have brown eyes, that means I have pigments or something. And now that I think about it, I have dark brown eyes so if your eyes aren't brown, I probably have more pigments than you. All your pigment are belong to me.