Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Eye Eye Eye

Add eyes to the list of stuff I like. I've been thinking a lot about them recently--especially the prestige that certain lighter eye colors are given. While this brown-eyed girl can't compete, she can make a list of her top 5 favorite songs that reference eyes. She is a Mexi-CAN, after all.

7. Brown-Eyed Girl by Van Morrison: I had to include it out of respect.

6. These Eyes by the Guess Who: <-- This group is Canadian. Who knew?

5. Blue Eyes by Elton John:
I'm not a big fan of similes in songs, but the synecdoche redeems it for me.

Aw, what's wrong? If I say "personification," will the confused look leave your eyes? They're not synonyms though. Synecdoche is different. Back to the list...

4. Lyin' Eyes: Her situation isn't pretty, but the song sure is.

3. Green Eyes by Coldplay: Honey, you are a rock upon which I stand. Honey, you start a song with such a strong metaphor and strum your guitar with such conviction, that I'll put your song on my list.

That reminds me: I used to have colored contacts during my senior year of college. I had a blue pair and a green pair. I remember the first time my seventh graders saw me with brown eyes (and glasses no less) they tripped out a little.

2. So Alive by Love and Rockets: You DON'T KNOW what color my eyes are? WHAT?! But my hair is long and brown? Aw, you noticed.

1. In Your Eyes by Peter Gabriel: It's a beautiful song and it's equal opportunity--smart man.

Hey, it just dawned on me... if I have brown eyes, that means I have pigments or something. And now that I think about it, I have dark brown eyes so if your eyes aren't brown, I probably have more pigments than you. All your pigment are belong to me.

I win.

No comments:

Post a Comment